Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

HOME UPDATE: ANTHROPOLOGIE'S IKAT COLLECTION

Almost every evening I arrive home I know there will be a glossy booklet/catalog of some kind awaiting my arrival. They just seem to keep coming, from companies and brands I never even heard of. I always wonder to myself which “trusting” source that has vowed to protect my personal information has sold me out now? I open the booklet, browse through the pages, if interested keep it, if not take my name and address from the front/back cover and inside order form page, and drop it in the recycling bin. As often as this may happen, there are some catalogs that I wait for. The Anthropologie (and Urban Outfitters), catalog happens to be one of those catalogs I not only look through, but mark in with my “getting this pen”, and then keep it around long after the latest and greatest of that season is gone. Of course this season is no different, but it was something other than the cute jackets and beautiful airy blouses that caught my attention. When I first saw the Hardwood Finn Rocking Chair I thought to myself, is this real or just a prop? My mind began to wander on how many different ways I could use this rocking chair. If I had that fabulous beach house that I have always wanted, I could use this chair in a living room and bedroom, and then there’s the idea of pairing it with existing furniture, as the star piece, with other colorful accessories throughout the room. I’ll stop my mind here and let you see for yourself what I am talking about. Here are just a few of my favorites from the collection, but if you visit Anthropologie.com, you can view the many other pieces offered in the collection.


Pieces as they are pictured above:Embroidered Ikat Lampshade $128.00, Mathilde Sofa $2,698.00, Hardwood Finn Rocker $1,698.00.


All photos by Anthropologie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment